[FreeVMS] Wanted

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Thu Jun 13 17:35:48 CEST 2013

Renee wrote:
> Hi joel,
>
> I have worked in VMS development for about 4.5 years in Nashua and did HBS.
> I'd like to help.

	Thanks a lot. You're welcome.

	Today, some modules can be directly loaded into memory by kickstart
(FreeVMS/sources/kernel/util/kickstart). To boot, grub loads kickstart
from a disk (including ODS/2 disk) and load into memory several modules :
- x86-kernel (L4)
- sigma0
- freevms.sys (L4 root task)
- pager.sys (root task pager)
- init.exe

	This boot procedure works fine. It works fine but pager.sys does not do
anything. Do you think you could write a VMS like pager ? I will put on
freevms.net all documentations about L4/X2 microkernel. I have tried to
rebuild last git this afternoon, I have to patch L4 to build microkernel
with last gcc. I think I'll have more time next week end.

	Regards,

	JKB