[FreeVMS] Hi!

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mon Jul 11 17:04:20 CEST 2011

Ron Hudson a écrit :
> Hi Everyone..
>
> I was once an operator, responsible for 4 VAX (3 11/750 and 1 11/780)
> running VMS 3.5
>
> I am not sure about the model number of the smaller systems...
>
> Anyway - I have  qemu-system-x86_64 installed on ubuntu (which is
> running in VMware under Window 7)
>
> The qemu boots and displays the grub boot selection screen. I choose
> FreeVMS and booting starts - it gets to where it says it is launching
> the kernel, but then all it does is flash random characters in the
> upper right corner of the screen..

	I suppose you have downloaded FreeVMS 0.4. 0.4 is in very early
development stage (and I don't have time enough to continue alone).
Random characters only show that L4 microkernel is running. I use this
functionality because 0.4 kernel uses 64-bits pointers (by default gcc
only use 4G pointers, 2G for system and 2G for user) and kernel can hang
without any message.

	Regards,

	JKB