[FreeVMS] VMS?

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Sat Apr 23 23:41:47 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 01:43:47PM -0400, Renee wrote:
> I am a former VMS developer in touch with other VMS people. We're willing to
> work, if you are real. You're going to have to get bliss up.
>
> I am formerly from VMS development, the Clusters and I/O group. I like to
> see this thing go somewhere. The trouble is many of us doubt that this group
> is serious. Erm, I don't have this mail turned on but I can be reached at

I developed the most of it previously, but I am out of it.
Half a year ago, there was some activity with moving it to an L4 microkernel,
but the status of that is unknown.

The project is for real, but might be considered sleeping until someone
picks it up.
If you try to boot one of the most recent images and check the source code,
you will see a lot of functionality present there.

A lot of Bliss is working, at least enough to compile an old telnet client
written originally in Bliss32.

And if you are a former employee, that may have legality issues with it.

--
Regards,
-Roar Thronæs