[FreeVMS] building 0.3.13

Fausto Saporito fausap at unina.it
Thu May 14 23:15:29 CEST 2009

ok first results in a x86_64 environment.

Until now I tried to compile things in a 32bits environment. In such
env there's no distinction between gcc3 and gcc4 (from the script
point of view).
This means fault in grub compiling.

In a 64bit env, I noticed the first incompatibility with Ubuntu 9.04,
envscript tries to use gcc-3.3 (running envscript under 32bit with
only gcc4 installed didn't generate any error): unfortunately there's
no gcc-3.3 shipped with 9.04 only gcc-3.4 and I read about a bug (in
BUGS file) with gcc-3.4 and a certain function in the kernel.

So I think we are forced, at the moment, to use 8.04

Anyway reading other messages, I understood that now the main devel
tree is only 64bit, correct? So I'll continue with this env.

Fausto