[FreeVMS] How to build freevms on my debian squeeze?

BERTRAND Joel joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mon May 11 10:21:19 CEST 2009

Niu Kun wrote:
> Hi all,
> I wonder if any document can be found here?

	I believe that there is no document on the web page. You have to
download freevms sources, to run ./myprescript and to build linker in
freevms/linker/src :

cauchy:[~/freevms/freevms/linker/src] > ./download-linker
cauchy:[~/freevms/freevms/linker/src] > ./make-linker

	Same thing for bliss (freevms/bliss/src), but you need to build an old
release of flex. You can find it here :
http://dir.filewatcher.com/d/GNU/Other/flex-2.5.4.tar.gz.384251.html

	With these tools, you should be able to build FreeVMS with main
makefile. I have a debian/testing on my laptop and I will check as soon
as possible (release 0.3.13, amd64).

	Regards,

	JKB