[FreeVMS] New release 0.2.4

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Jeu 23 Fév 12:56:51 CET 2006

Hi

New release 0.2.4 at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/vms/freevms (freevms-0_2_4.tgz and linker-0_1_6)

Disk images are named a.img.gz and c.img.gz.
The USE file or reference to it should accompany downloads.

News:
CMUIP IPACP moved from kernel thread to user-level process.
More CPU-mode simulation.
User-mode ASTs now delivered in user mode.

Bugs/features fixed:
Pointer related translation errors in CMUIP IPACP.
Setipl was used as non-void a couple of places.
Some missing routine int defs and return values.
Misc improvements and fixes in astdel.

New bugs/features:
Probably some.

Notes:
How the translation errors showed up in the userspace IPACP and not
in the kernel is beyond me.
There may be some extra unstability due to the AST and mode changes.
For some reason you have to boot bochs from ODS-2.
The user mode AST implementation is bad.
Since I have been looking at better implementation of PAL, ASTs etc,
I have started to look at x86_64, because I do not want to risk an
implementation that is too stuck at i386; therefore there is some
x86_64 stuff directly imported from 2.4.32, but does not yet compile etc.

Regards,
Roar Thronæs