[FreeVMS] Re: FreeVMS thought of the day....

Roger Tucker roger.tucker at mci.com
Jeu 6 Oct 21:09:00 CEST 2005

I was trying to suggest, that sometime in the not so distant future all CPUs
being sold/produced will be 64 bit capable (IA-32e or AMD64 clones).  At
that time, I think we should make the jump to 64 bits and not waist our time
trying to make everything work on 32 bit CPUs.  But that is just my
thoughts, because once we start using 64 bit pointers in the kernel it's
hard to go back and not worth our time to make sure you didn't break
something in 32 bit land.  But that's a few more years from now, so it
doesn't matter at the moment, I just wanted to mention it...  :-)

When it's time to jump to 64 bits, we will all know it...  Hopefully...

Still reading and learning...
Roger