[FreeVMS] Disk images

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Jeu 28 Juil 13:44:53 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:42:11AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

> 	Roar, I have built two 2.4.26 linux kernels (user mode linux and
> 	standard kernel) with the last ODS-2 VFS (ods2-0.9.3.w3.tar.gz). I
> 	have modified the linux Makefile to include ods2 support. I have
> 	verified that ODS-2 support is included (not in module) in the
> 	obtained kernel (cat /proc/filesystem). When I try to mount an ODS-2
> 	image (like your ods2image2), I only obtain in dmesg:
>
> O 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

A sign of getting a zeroed block where the home block is supposed to be,
which is not recognized as such.

You should have a look at block 1 (and the rest).
(Before you start debugging in uml.)

(I just had ubd1=image and after booting did a mount /dev/ubd/1 /mnt,
and that was it.)

--
Regards
-Roar Thronæs