[FreeVMS] Disk images

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Mer 20 Juil 11:51:47 CEST 2005

	Hello,

	I have two questions, Roar. Some people are looking for prebuilt
	disk images. I have built from the CVS sources a.img, c.img and
	c2.img. It is the first time for me because I used only my own
	script ;-)

	1/ What is the difference between c.img and c2.img ? I have seen
	that c2.img is a copy of c.img, but diff c.img c2.img returns
	"binary files differs"... I don't understand.

	2/ a.img contains a grub bootable disk. I think that the second
	partition of c.img is an ODS-2 disk. Right ? But I cannot boot on
	this partition. I don't know if I cannot boot because a.img doesn't
	contains o2fs_stage1_5 (maybe a bug in the script) or if the second
	partition of c.img is not a regular ODS-2 filesystem. I have copied
	o2fs_stage1_5 and o2fs_stage1_5.exec, but I only obtain the same
	result :

	"Error 24: Attempt to access block outside partition"

	Any idea ?

	Regards,

	JKB