[FreeVMS] RE: new libgetef.c

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Jeu 11 Aou 21:49:22 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 02:03:45PM -0400, FreeVMS wrote:
> Roger, and whomever:
>
> 	I been doing some work in the librtl area, maybe we should coordinate our
> work in this area so we don't "step on each others toes".
>
> 	Or if anyone can suggest another area that needs work. I have been in this
> area what seems like for ever :-)

	I think that our CVS tree is the better location...

> 	Back in July 20, Joel was writing about pre-built images. Is he
> talking/writing about an "installer program". To partion and format a hard
> drive, or are we too early to be thinking about this?

	I have made uptodated disk images. But only on ext2 partition... The
	ODS2-VFS used in usermode linux doesn't work fine. Sometimes, the
	host OS (linux 2.6.11) hangs when um-linux tries to access an ODS2
	partition. I think the trouble comes from um-linux and not directly
	from ODS2-VFS.

	The second problem I have is to use bliss compiler. I
	have built bliss, but I cannot use it to build telnet (for example).
	It hangs with a segmentation fault.

> 	Is Zakaria still working on formatting a partion? This might be a nice
> chance of scenery.

	I don't know...

	Regards,

	JKB