[FreeVMS] New release 0.1.0

Roar Thronæs roart at nvg.ntnu.no
Lun 22 Nov 10:05:08 CET 2004

Hi

We seem to have reached a (minor) milestone, ODS-2 boot,
and I have thereby decided to increase version to 0.1.

New release 0.1.0 at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/vms/freevms (freevms-0_1.0.tgz and linker-0_0_57)
(Linker might not change each time)

News:
CONFIG_VMS:
Can now execute on ODS-2
General:
Grub with ODS-2 support, and accordingly updated diskimage builder.
Kernel can also be booted from ODS-2.
Better partition support for both ODS-2 and Ext2.
Kernel option novfs for when to boot on ODS-2 and can not mount it as root.
Set default and show default now for RMS (before it was VFS chdir/pwd).
Create /directory functionality for ODS-2.

Bugs fixed:
CONFIG_VMS:
Partition related bug with RMS Ext2 read and write.
General:
Init set 000000.dir fat ffbyte to length, but it should be 0.

Notes:
CONFIG_VMS:
Installer process can not install on ODS-2, so that must be done manually.
Have only done ODS-2 boot partially, with only kernel and dcl at [000000].
General:
Create /directory only works with non-CONFIG_VMS, due to path problem.

Regards,
Roar Thronæs