[Freevms] Configuration trouble

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Ven 30 Juil 20:13:28 CEST 2004

Roar Thronæs a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:10:33PM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>
>>	I have a lot of trouble when I try to build the last release. I will
>>retry this week end and post the result. Roar, is it possible to use
>>"make menuconfig" ? I have configured the kernel by editig manually
>

> Not possible anymore.
> It made too much trouble compiling if you did not strip it down enough.

	OK.

>>arch/um/config (and I think I have made mistakes ;-) ).

	I have built the userland kernel and vms$common directory. gcc returns
some warning, I will check. But :

schroedinger:[~/FreeVMS/freevms/linux] > ./linux debug eth0=mcast
ubd0=../rooti386 mem=16M init=/vms\$common/sysexe/dcl
Segmentation fault
schroedinger:[~/FreeVMS/freevms/linux] > ./linux
Segmentation fault
schroedinger:[~/FreeVMS/freevms/linux] >

	In the BUG file, you wrote that you can see a segv with gcc and redhat.
Same trouble with gcc-3.3.4 and Debian. I will try a standalone kernel
with Bochs.

	Regards,

	JKB